In the last years, we hear everywhere about people who choose to maintain a Vegetarian diet. It is not only a healthy lifestyle, but also a trend. You can already find all kind of restaurants with Vegetarian theme, and almost every big fast-food chain has a Vegetarian option. To put it in a few words, it’s not exactly difficult to switch your diet and give up meat and animal products. The question is: do you really want this? Here are some things you should consider before taking this step:
- It is not beneficial for everyone. Of course, a diet based on fruits and vegetables is very healthy, and you can improve your life considerably if you make this change. On the other hand, there are people who need a big amount of proteins and minerals, and you can rarely get this from plants alone. Instead of taking supplements to complete your needs, you better eat meat once every few days or so.
- It will not change your life. Alright, making healthy choices is a good thing, but this does not mean that your world will change. You might have more energy, but for sure you will have the same amount of projects to finish. When you take this decision you have to make it for the right reasons, and you have to keep yourself realistic. This takes us to the next point:
- Do it for yourself. As I said above, nowadays it is a trend to be Vegetarian or Vegan. There are some who do this simply because it will help them gain popularity or fit in certain groups. This, my dear, will never work. No matter what decision you make you have to think about your personal reasons, about how it will affect your life and health and how it will make you feel. If you already considered all these points, you can go on and change your groceries list.
- Get informed. There are many points of view regarding this lifestyle, and it’s not enough to read just a few. You have to discuss with a doctor, with a nutritionist and to find out more information from people who already took this step. Then you can decide in objective way if this is right for you or not.
- Can you handle it? Your diet is not something that you can neglect, and you have to think if this is something you want on the long term. What if you will go to a party with your friends and they will make a barbeque? Will you be able to resist the temptation? Only you can know the answer to all these questions, so don’t let anyone else make this decision for you! It’s your body and your life and you know what makes you happy!