If you are searching for a way to give back, that is instant and easy—it’s time to start paying it forward. Here are a handful of ideas to consider:
- Pay for someone’s coffee or lunch.
- Send a friend a card or flowers for no reason in particular.
- Text three friends to let them know your favorite thing about them.
- Check in on an elderly neighbor or family member.
- Write an unsolicited LinkedIn recommendation for a colleague.
- Offer to babysit for a stressed-out friend so that they can enjoy a night off.
- Donate old pet supplies to an animal shelter.
- Post a free ad for unwanted items on Craigslist.
- Smile at everyone you pass today.
- Leave an inspirational post-it note on your loved one’s computer.
- Put some change in an expired parking meter.
- Donate old books and magazines to a senior center, nursing home, used bookstore, or community book swap.
- Post a positive online review of your favorite retailer or restaurant.
- Send an employee-specific positive review of your go-to grocery clerk, or outstanding service provider.
- Do something extra special for someone you love.
Paying it forward is a win/win situation, and will come back to you tenfold!