Looking to keep your kids active and engaged this summer? Or for some activities that will get them unplugged and out of the house? Below is a short list of kid-friendly summer fun you can turn to for inspiration.
- Head to the park with a frisbee, ball for playing catch, kite, or remote-control airplane.
- Hop in the car and drive to a nearby park, aquarium, zoo, kid’s museum, or fun attraction.
- Take a day trip on the train, or ride the train to visit family and friends.
- Signup for the summer reading club at your local library, but also check their calendar for kid-friendly summer fun.
- Invest in some toys and games that will encourage your kids to head outdoors—a slip-and-slide, water balloons, volleyball net, sidewalk chalk, bocce, basketball, baseball, bicycle, hoverboard, or trampoline.
- Bake and decorate a cake or cookies.
- Do a few ‘found’ arts and crafts from branches, leaves, feathers, or recycled materials.
- Plant a garden with either flowers or veggies.
- Gather the neighborhood adults and create a fun scavenger hunt for the kids to complete in teams of two or more.
- Make DIY bird feeders, then encourage them to take photos and research the local birds.
This kid-friendly summer fun is an excellent way to get your kids doing more than sleeping in, gaming, posting to social media, and lounging around while on summer break.