Do you ever feel trapped by your fixed income? Stressed about how and when you will ever pay off your student loans? Cash-strapped and living paycheck-to-paycheck? Or stressed about how to save for retirement, you kids college, or even a nest-egg large enough for a few months safety net? Heck, maybe you just want to save enough to go on a vacation. We live in a digital age, where fixed incomes are a thing of the past. Here are a few ways to earn more!
Now we aren’t’ talking about doing anything extreme unless you really want to go all in and do the whole minimalist or tiny home thing. There is so much you can sell, either as a one-off or as ongoing income:
- Sell your old or broken gold and precious stone jewelry.
- Have a garage sale to sell anything you no longer need.
- Before you drop off your next load for donation, sell what you can first on eBay or other online clothing shops and swaps.
- Don’t toss your old smartphone, digital camera, laptop, desktop, or electronics as you can likely find someone on Craigslist who will buy it.
Start Making Some Money On The Side
You might not have time for a scheduled part-time job, but you can find time for a little extra money here and there.
- Drive for Uber, Lyft, or Juno.
- Freelance on Task Rabbit, People Per Hour, Fiverr, or one of the many reputable freelance websites.
- Launch a side business selling LulaRoe, Stella & Dot, Younique Makeup, or any other ready-made business opportunity.
- Sell the arts and crafts you love to make on Etsy or Craigslist.
- Launch a drop ship business on Amazon.
- Rent out your car on sites like Turo.
- Become a mystery shopper for A Closer Look.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to ways you can earn a couple hundred dollars here and there. Just make sure you are strategic about where you spend your extra dough. Fixed income no more!