I don’t know about you, but I have a major sweet tooth. Since it’s not wise to indulge as often as I might like—I’ve found a few healthy sweet alternatives. Here are just a few healthy ways to curb your sweet tooth in-between your scheduled indulgence. In fact, some are so good that I now crave them instead of dessert!
- Chop up some fresh honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe, or other sweet fruits.
- Make a sweet fresh squeezed juice blend or freshly blended fruit smoothie.
- Indulge in a chocolate covered something, with less chocolate than a candy bar—like a chocolate covered banana, strawberry, or pretzel.
- Find a recipe for a delicious cinnamon baked apple.
- Enjoy a single serving of chocolate milk.
- Have some bite-sized chunks of dark chocolate.
- Have a half chocolate (ask for half pumps) mocha coffee, or a cup of coco—skip the whipped cream, marshmallows, and syrup add-ins.
- Have a nostalgic childhood snack of gram crackers and peanut butter.
- Enjoy a creamy low-fat yogurt.
- Snack on some delicious dried fruit.
These tips are of course in addition to scheduling in a single serving of the sweet you are truly craving, no more than once or twice each week. Even though these are healthier alternatives, moderation is still required.