I don’t know about you, but I wake up hungry. Mornings are also busy, so most days cooking isn’t high on my list of priorities. However, sometimes my breakfast falls short and I find myself hungry an hour or two later. Here are some easy ways to upgrade your breakfast.
Up Your Antioxidants
Make sure you have at least one serving of fruits or veggies for breakfast, more if you can. Fresh fruit is easy, fresh squeeze some juice, or enjoy a 100% natural premade juice or smoothie.
Add More Protein
My morning go-to is granola with fresh fruit, but it lacks sufficient protein—which is why I often feel hungry so quickly after I eat. Here are some fast and easy ways to add more protein:
- Eat a couple pieces of bacon, which you can cook the night before.
- Eat a scrambled, fried, poached, or hardboiled egg.
- Add one ounce of nuts to your cereal.
- Add protein powder or half an avocado to your smoothie.
- Have a slice of toast with cream cheese or peanut butter.
Go All Out
At least one day a week, cook yourself an extra special breakfast or brunch—or head out for breakfast or brunch. Enjoy your meal solo or invite a few friends and family.