It’s a question everyone wants to know the answer to: when does your face begin to age? While the answer will vary a bit from person to person, here’s what you need to know.
Damage Won’t Show Right Away
Have you ever met someone in their mid-20s whose skin looks older than their age? Odds are they have engaged in some damaging skin behavior in teens and early 20s. This might include fake and baking, sunbathing, many sunburns, smoking, and excessive drinking. While the damage may not be immediate it will accelerate fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles and under eye bags.
For Most, It’s In Our 30s And 40s
By your mid-30s you are likely to see some major changes, even if only first thing in the morning. By the time you reach your 40s, you will see some major changes. To help slow the aging process:
- Start using vitamin C skincare products in your 20s.
- Start using vitamin B skin care products in your 30s.
- Start using retinol in your 40s.
- Prioritize hydration and a diet rich in antioxidants.
- Wash your skin AM and PM and invest in quality skincare products.
- Wear makeup or moisturizer with SPF protection every day, not just in the summer.
Facial Yoga Will Help
Whether you struggle with computer neck, laugh lines, or any other signs of aging—taking a few minutes a day to exercise your face will help. Here’s a video from a face yoga guru!