It’s tricky to start your day with a smile, especially if you are not a morning person. When you have to open your eyes at 6 a.m, the last thing you want to do is get out from your bed and get in a cold shower. Since you don’t really have a choice you have to find a way to make your mornings pleasant. What can you do to start your day on a positive note?
- Wake up early. Yes, I know that this is the last thing that you want to hear, but you need to have some time for yourself in the morning. If you have to be out at 7:20 and you wake up at 7:00 you can’t be surprised that you do everything in a hurry and without any good mood. Wake up 30 minutes earlier every morning and plan your routine carefully.
- Give up sugar. You believe that a great breakfast, with pancakes and cereals can make you feel good till lunch.The truth is that this will only make you feel extremely tired after two or three hours, when the blood in your sugar does down. To have energy all day long you must eat some proteins right after you wake up; salmon and chicken are great options for breakfast.
- Take a long shower. When it’s cold in the morning and you feel tired, you want to finish everything as fast as possible, including the shower. Why should you stay in the shower as long as possible? Well, the water itself will calm you down, relieve stress and give you the energy that you need for the next hours. If you also use scented products, your morning is already better than ever!
- Dance. Yes, I am serious. Not many people can push themselves to exercise in the morning, so dancing seems like something crazy to do. The thing is that dancing will make your brain release endorphins; hormones that will make you happy and keep the bad mood away. It is a great way to start your day, plus it will keep your body toned and slim.
- Spoil yourself. How many times you went to get a massage before work? Probably never. Have you ever watched your favorite movie in the morning? Of course not. The good news is that once you start to spoil yourself in the morning, your entire vision of the world will change. When you have a massage before work, you get up from bed with excitement. You start your day with a smile and you end it with a laugh!