It happens to all of us: you eat a heavy meal, you enjoy the taste but a few minutes later you feel exhausted. This is not only because you eat the wrong things, but also because your body can not digest properly everything you eat. This makes you feel tired, bloated and it gives you a bad mood on short term. On the long term, this will lead to weight gain, stomach problems, diabetes and many other associated medical conditions. The good news is that you can improve your digestion by eating the right foods. What should you eat?
- Chia seeds. Chia seeds are great not only for your digestion, but also for your overall health. They contain plenty of antioxidants that will help your body fight against free radicals, and they will prevent a large number of conditions. Apart from this, they contain a lot of fiber, which will accelerate the digestion and lower the cholesterol in your blood.
- Coconut Oil. For sure you know that Coconut Oil has many health benefits and you can use it in your kitchen or as a cosmetic product. A teaspoon of Coconut Oil in the morning can make wonders for your digestion, and it will only get better if you use it for cooking throughout the day.
- Ghee. If you are a fan of butter but you want to avoid lactose and milkfats, Ghee is the best choice for you. You can use it for cooking and you can add it in many of the foods that usually contain Butter. It will have a great effect over your digestion and it will help you make the heavy meals much lighter.
- Zucchini. You need a lot of vegetables in your diet if you want to make a change in the way you digest the food. Zucchini is not very common and you will not always find it in the supermarket, but it is one of the healthiest vegetables that you can eat. It is a mild laxative and it can be very useful in the days when you feel bloated or you have a belly ache.
- Bone Broth. It might not sound like the most delicious thing, but if you combine it with vegetables you will be surprised how tasty it can be. It will improve your digestion, it will reduce the inflammation and it will prevent bloating and it will protect your stomach against infections. Besides, it barely has any calories, so it is great even if you are on a diet.
You don’t need to take medicine or to try extreme diets in order to improve your digestion. You can take everything you need from nature, it’s all about knowing what and when to eat. Change your lifestyle a little bit more every day, and you will be surprised to see how good you can feel!