Oil pulling is an Ayurvedic alternative method of boosting immunity, improving oral health, reducing inflammation, and combating allergies. Since oral health is directly related to heart health, oil pulling also reduces your risk for heart disease.
How Do You Oil Pull?
You can use unrefined (virgin or unprocessed) organic sesame or coconut oil. It is best to pull first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything other than water. The oil will thicken a bit while you swish. This is normal, so don’t be alarmed.
- Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth.
- Swish like mouthwash for 10 to 20 minutes, but no longer than 20 minutes.
- Spit out in waste bin once done, not down the drain.
- Rinse mouth with warm water.
- Eat breakfast, then brush and floss as normal.
How Often Should You Oil Pull?
You can oil pull daily, or at least 3 days a week. Daily will address current allergies or inflammation. Three times a week is an excellent proactive approach to heart health, immunity, and bacteria-causing germs in your mouth and gums.
Oil pulling whiten your teeth, treat gingivitis, minimize tooth decay, ease inflammation, eliminate allergens and toxins—and more!