Anyone and everyone can struggle with bloating. Even if you have six-pack abs, you may feel uncomfortably expanded. Beat bloating with these quick tips.
- Add more fiber to your daily diet.
- Avoid foods you are allergic to, especially dairy and gluten.
- If you haven’t yet, consider if you have a food allergy.
- Avoid heavy amounts of carbonated beverages.
- Take the time to chew your food and don’t eat in a hurry.
- Avoid foods containing artificial sweeteners.
- Minimize your sodium intake.
- Slowly build up your tolerance for gas-inducing foods, like beans, lentils, asparagus, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cabbage.
- Eat more foods with “gut-friendly” bacteria or take a daily probiotic.
- Drink more hydrating water and herbal teas.
- Exercise no less than 3 days a week and kick your core training and twisting up a notch.
- Eat smaller meals throughout the day.
- Eat less greasy, high-fat, high-sugar foods and more healthier whole foods.
- Drink a warm glass of water with the juice of half a lemon.
- Practice deep stomach breathing daily.
These tips will help you to beat the bloat and to reverse bloating when it occurs. If you’ve tried everything, and you are still bloated, odds are you have a food allergy that must be identified.