Who doesn’t want to make healthy new changes? However, change can be overwhelming, especially since most of us try to tackle a ton of changes at once. Since that rarely works, try making 1 small change a month for the next 12 months—for a healthier you!
- Wake up 5 to 15 minutes earlier to commit to a healthy morning ritual.
- Set a goal to drink at least 64 ounces of water or herbal tea a day.
- Call or Skype with a friend or loved one you haven’t seen in ages.
- Make a budget or at least start tracking what you spend.
- Identify at least one thing you can do a month to give back.
- Make one healthy dietary change, such as eating more fiber or boosting your fruit and veggie intake.
- Spend the last 15 to 60 minutes before bedtime doing a relaxing bedtime ritual.
- Set aside an extra $25 or more each month in your rainy-day fund.
- Make room for at least one more scheduled social activity, hobby time, or downtime each month.
- Spend a few minutes a day writing down 3 to 10 things you are grateful for.
- Make a handful of inexpensive green investments in your home or office.
- Identify at least 2 more ways you can make your bedroom more conducive to quality sleep.
The changes above are small changes that encourage you to develop healthy new habits in all areas of your life—personal, social, emotional, spiritual, and physical. The more healthy habits you implement the healthier you will be!