Minimalism may not be your cup of tea, but you may be stressing about finding meaningful gifts for the consumer-light individuals on your gift list. Below are some excellent ideas for what to get minimalists for Christmas, Hanukkah, birthdays, anniversaries or any gift-giving occasion.
Minimalist or not, we all aim to give gifts that are meaningful. Since everyone’s minimalism goals are unique it is best to ask for a few ideas.
Everyone is unique, but the list below serves as inspiration for what to get minimalists for Christmas:
- A donation on their behalf to a cause they are passionate about.
- Chocolate, wine, craft beer, or other gourmet foods they enjoy.
- Gift certificates for books, restaurants, clothing stores, etc.
- Tickets to movies, improv, a musical, concert, etc.
- Green home items: plants, reusable grocery bags, mason jar accessories, etc.
Instead of giving of a thing, give of your time. Quality of life is a big minimalist theme, so suggest that instead of exchanging gifts this year that you get together and enjoy one another’s company.
Most importantly, don’t stress—as no one understands that concept of “it’s the thought that counts” more than a minimalist. So, don’t stress about what to get minimalists for Christmas.