If you are over the days of heading out and partying, and want a low-key NYE or a not so low-key but family-friendly New Year’s—the tips below are an excellent place to begin.
- Invite family and friends over for a potluck NYE.
- Game night is the perfect activity for your family-friendly New Year’s fun.
- Have a movie marathon or binge watch a show on Netflix.
- Pop on the TV and enjoy all the pre-New Year’s TV specials—especially the ball drop in New York.
- Head out to your local fireworks or family-friendly NYE party.
- Dress up in a theme, or host a masquerade party—where you make your masks beforehand. Have a midnight toast with champagne for the adults and sparkling cider for the kids.
- Head online to Pinterest for ideas on how to make your own midnight noisemakers—or just bang on your pots and pans.
- Create a family tradition, such as sharing what you enjoyed most about 2017—and what you hope to achieve in the year to come. Write these down, and share them again next year.
- If it’s just the two of you, have an at-home date night—or an early dinner out and a romantic night at home.
- Have a regular night and head to bed whenever you feel like it.
There is no right or wrong, but 2018 should be celebrated!