While your hourly wage or salary might be set in stone, that doesn’t mean that you can’t make a bit of extra cash—or at least free up more cash in your budget. Here are some creative ways to make a bit more cash.
- Ask for a raise. Go in prepared with the data-driven results as to why you deserve a raise.
- Move into a smaller home or a cheaper neighborhood.
- Ditch one or all of your household vehicles.
- Start bringing your lunch to work, even a few days a week.
- Invest in a gourmet coffee maker at home and stop buying café coffee every day.
- Shop more on Groupon to maintain your social life without breaking the bank.
- Offer your skills online as a freelancer.
- Sell your art, craft, or any hobby-related product or service.
- Sell your old smartphones, notebooks, laptops, digital cameras, and electronics.
- Have a garage sale or sell clothing and items you no longer use online.
Last but not least, remember that every penny adds ups. Look for mini ways to save by cutting coupons, shopping on sale and clearance items, and buying in bulk. Set a goal for the money you are going to save, otherwise, it may be spent carelessly—which defeats the purpose.