If you are gluten sensitive or are on a low-carb diet you may be looking for some delicious alternatives to bread or your grain side dishes. Here are some grain-free substitutions.
- 100% veggie wraps made from green veggies or beets.
- Corn tortillas if corn is on your approved list, as it is both a grain and a veggie.
- Thinly slice sweet potato and bake it until tender. Then use it as bread or to make mini sweet potatoes pizzas.
- Use large leafy greens as grain-free sandwich wraps.
- Rice-based pastas are an excellent gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta.
- Gluten-free banana and oat pancakes.
- Spiralized veggies are a healthy and tasty side dish, the best being beets, carrots, zucchini, and jimica—cooked or raw.
- Bake your favorite breads and baked goods with coconut flour, banana flour, or almond flour.
- Kale or veggie chips, which are easy to make at home in an oven or dehydrator.
- One of the many growing options in gluten-free products found in health food and everyday grocery stores.
Not sure if you have a gluten allergy? The symptoms are so every day that many fail to realize that they do. This article will help.