Without intention, you can easily come to the end of a day or week without feeling as if you have had a meaningful moment to yourself. Here is how to create more mini moments.
- Set 2 alarms, one for 10 minutes before you need to get up. Spend those first 10-minutes easing into your day by stretching, meditating, or writing in your gratitude journal.
- Create a few daily rituals such as having an afternoon cup of tea, reading a morning affirmation, using a calming aromatherapy pillow spray, or sending one engaging email to a friend or loved one each day.
- Invest in items that bring you comfort or joy. Little things can make all the difference, such as a cozy throw blanket, the perfect coffee mug or pretty tea cup, a beautiful plant, or an inspiring screensaver too help you savor more moments throughout the day.
- Stop rushing through things. Being late is disrespectful, so always leave a bit of cushion in your schedule. Enough cushion that you can take the extra minute or two (or more) to chat with a client or colleague prior to getting to business, or to engage with your spouse, kids, friends—or even the barista on your daily coffee run.
- The most meaningful moments are when we sincerely engage with others. Smile at a stranger, leave a larger tip than usual when you have outstanding service, give someone a compliment, pay it forward, or take time to look someone in the eye when talking to them.
Most mini moments take seconds or minutes but make all the difference in your day, and in the lives of others!