There are many cooling and hydrating foods that will help you beat the heat this summer.
- Coconut water is packed full of electrolytes. Buy boxed or fresh, green coconut not brown. Why? Green coconuts have 140 calories per serving while brown has 1,400 per serving.
- Cucumbers are known for their cooling and calming effect. Eat cold or add to your morning juice.
- Any type of peppermint or spearmint is naturally cooling. I like to add a few bags of organic mint tea to a pitcher of water for cooling and flavor.
- Watermelon or any kind of melon is refreshing when it’s hot out. Eat plain, grill to bring out the natural sugars, or blend and add a bit of sparkling water for a delicious watermelon fresca.
- When it comes to your meals keep things light and cold, but don’t forget the protein. Salads with cold chicken, cold beans, gazpacho, smoothies with protein blended in, cold hard boiled eggs, even cold noodle and grain dishes.
These ideas area perfect for days when it’s so hot and humid that you don’t want to eat. They will help you stay cool, hydrated, and healthy this summer!