There are times when hopping on a treadmill or elliptical machine is rhythmic and meditative, but sometimes we get stuck in a workout rut and need to mix things up a bit. Here are a few ways to make your workout less boring.
- Switch to a different cardio machine. Even if it’s not one you love or use often it will present a new physical challenge that will keep you engaged in your workout.
- Give a workout app a try, as you can find a wide variety of fun, all-level mini workouts.
- Mix up your workout routine with a combination of gym workouts and fitness classes.
- Take advantage of the weather when it’s warm and head outside to play sports, walk, jog, hike, cycle, swim, and more.
- Invite a friend with you to the gym or fitness studio as working out is always more fun with a friend.
- Try a fitness or workout fad you have never tried before. Even if you don’t keep at it at least you tried something new. Or you could even try a new gym.
- Sign up for personal training, either solo or as part of a small group. If not a standard trainer, private yoga or Pilates.
For best results, mix things up before you feel yourself getting bored!