The kids will be back to school before you know it, meaning it’s time to start thinking about your new morning routine. Here are a few ways to make mornings easier for everyone.
- Discuss the kid’s new school-year bedtimes and have them start heading to bed at that time 2 weeks before school starts.
- Be sure you get to bed at a reasonable hour too.
- Get the kids in the habit of laying out what they want to wear the night before, as well as packing their backpack.
- Make lunch the night before or distribute lunch money for the week on Sundays.
- Build a 15-minute window of extra time into the morning schedule, but don’t let the kids know the extra time is there.
- Establish a 5-minute morning ritual for your kids to do after they wake. This might be 5 minutes of morning snuggles, reading an inspirational quote for the day, stretching, a quick meditation, or setting an intention for the day ahead.
- Try to make mornings fun instead of stressful. What this means will vary from one child to the next. Maybe play some fun morning music?
These are just a few ways to make this year’s back to school morning routine easier!