Not sure how to tell if it’s time to cohabitate? Here are 10 signs you are ready to move in together.
- You spend almost every night together and are basically living together anyway.
- Neither of you feels like you are rushing into it.
- Financial security is not a primary motivator, and you have a plan B if things don’t work out.
- You know one another’s quirks, habits, and routine, and respect one another’s need for space.
- Your relationship has survived at least one major challenge.
- You enjoy spending time together, but still have independent friends, hobbies, and interests.
- You have discussed the goal of moving in together and what role it plays in your future as a couple.
- You are both open about your feelings and talk about what is working and not working in your relationship.
- You’ve had an in-depth conversation about your finances and how you will budget finances as a couple.
- You realize that moving in together will bring a few new challenges as you find your groove together and are ready to work through it.
As you can see there is a lot to consider and this list will help you to get the conversation started!