With many of us sitting for 8 or more hours a day our focus on circulation has never been more important. Poor circulation can cause a host of problems from increased pain and inflammation to stiff and sore muscles, sluggish digestion, decreased immunity, swelling, increased risk for heart problems, increased risk for weight gain, more frequent acne, and breakouts, and more. The good news is that it is fast and easy to improve circulation.
- Stand up for a few minutes every hour while at work.
- Sit on a core balance ball or use an ergonomic chair.
- Walk for 10 minutes during your lunch break.
- Circle the office on your way to the bathroom.
- Walk or cycle to and from work.
- Get at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, walking counts.
- Use an inversion machine.
- Sit with your legs up the wall for at least 5 minutes.
- Stretch or do yoga from head to toe.
- Get a massage.
- Use a facial roller to increase circulation and blood flow to your often forgotten face and neck.
- Do seated or standing office exercises once or twice per day at work.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water and unsweetened herbal tea each day.
- Eat a well-balanced diet including Omega fatty acids and iron.
- Maintain a healthy weight especially around your waistline.
Here’s to your health!