Whether you are having a bad day or are in the midst of a hectic time you can minimize your stress right now with the tips below.
- Stop what you are doing, sit up straight, close your eyes—and take 10 to 20 slow, deep, and full belly breaths.
- Download a meditation or ASMR app to your phone and spend 10 minutes lost in the present moment.
- Get up and take a walk. A minimum of 10 minutes is enough but 20 or 30 minutes can work wonders.
- Sit with your furbaby for at least 5 minutes basking in the joy of their unconditional love.
- Call a friend. We might message our friends daily but rarely see them or hear their voice—so an actual phone call is a treat.
- Set aside a bit of time for an art, craft, hobby, or extracurricular activity—or try something new.
- Spray the hydrosol you need to shift your mood, like peppermint to invigorate or lavender to calm.
- Schedule some self-care for the next day or two. Just knowing that a massage or pampering experience is on its way can work wonders.
Here’s to minimizing stress!