Cold and flu season is almost here but that doesn’t mean you have to get sick. Instead, take a proactive approach to boosting your immunity.
- Take a vitamin B12 supplement. While naturally occurring in many foods it is farmed or processed out of most—meaning many of us are unknowingly deficient.
- Eat one plant based meal per day with grains, legumes, nuts, seed, fruit, and veggies. This will give you a powerful immunity-boosting and nutrient-rich meal per day.
- Hot tea will warm you up and boost your antioxidants. This could be any unsweetened herbal tea blend, CCF tea, a honey and herb elixir, or even turmeric coffee.
- Prioritize your gut health as an imbalanced gut can weaken your immune system. If you are gassy, bloated, constipated, or have diarrhea you likely have an unhealthy gut.
- Prioritize your whole-body health by drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep, keeping stress at bay, and dressing appropriately for the weather.
- If you like to workout outdoors winter can be tough, so find a few indoor activities. Sign up for an indoor sport, group class, or get a gym membership—as fitness helps to eliminate toxins. Make it fun by going with a friend!
- Winter is the perfect time to pop in the sauna or steam room at your gym or spa or take an Epsom salt bath to warm up. As you soak or sweat you will release toxins.
Here’s to a healthy winter!