If you have been diagnosed with a leaky gut, you are sure to be looking for a fast and easy way to heal and seal your gut—here is how bone broth can help.
Do I Have A Leaky Gut?
Before we dive into how to heal your gut let’s talk about what a leaky gut is and the most common symptoms. If your gut is leaking your intestines are porous releasing bacteria and toxins from your digestive tract into your body. This can result in:
- A nutrient deficiency due to your inability to properly digest food
- Chronic diarrhea, constipation, gas, or bloating
- Decreased immunity
- Increased headaches, brain fog, or memory loss
- Excessive fatigue
- An increase in skin problems such as acne, eczema, or rosacea
- Increased sugar and carb cravings
- Increased pain and inflammation
How Bone Broth Can Help
Bone broth is high in collagen which will patch porous areas and create a protective lining to heal and seal your gut. It has anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting vitamins and minerals. It is an excellent source of electrolytes and it will help to regulate stomach acid to better absorb the nutrients in the food you eat.
If you are just getting started on a bone broth regimen I suggest starting with 2 cups every other day, and working your way to 1 cup every other day—but drinking daily is good too.