Cold and flu season is amongst us but that doesn’t mean that you must get sick. And when you get sick, stay home! Here are a few ways you can boost your immunity this winter.
- Wash your hands before you eat, and of course after you use the restroom.
- Always open public bathroom doors with a barrier between your hand and the door.
- Minimize how often you touch your face, eyes, and lips.
- Carry hand sanitizer or antibacterial cloths with you.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water per day.
- Swap out a serving or two of your water with unsweetened or honey-sweetened herbal tea to boost your antioxidant intake.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day.
- Take a daily multivitamin, B-Complex, and vitamin C supplement.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Don’t skip the gym as exercise plays a vital role in expelling toxins.
- Steam or take an Epsom salt bath at least once a week.
- Use a neti pot when you have been exposed to someone who is sick or start to feel like you are coming down with something.
- Clean your electronics no less than once each week. This includes your smartphone, smartphone case, keyboard, mouse, and notepad screen and cover.
These tips will help you stay healthy this winter but they are tips you can turn to all-year-round!