I always suggest making a checklist to ensure that you pack everything you need when you travel, including what to pack to make travel more comfortable. Here are a few comfort items to consider.
- Bring a reusable water bottle and/or coffee thermos so that you can stay hydrated on the go.
- Carry on earplugs and a sleep mask to minimize noise and help you sleep with ease.
- Airplanes can be dry so pack a mini hand lotion, face lotion or hydrating face spray, and a lip balm.
- Use a hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipe, colloidal silver spray to wipe down the armrests, seat buckle, and tray table.
- I always travel with layering items or a small blanket or wrap as blankets on planes are not washed often. I only use them if they are enclosed in plastic. Same goes for pillows.
- Depending on the length of the flight I may travel with a travel pillow.
- I increase my antioxidants a few days before I fly by taking a vitamin C supplement and I bring extra with me for my trip.
- My suitcase always has a general anti-inflammatory, peppermint tea to soothe an upset stomach or sore throat, and Theraful just in case.
- On that same note, make sure to carry on all essential prescriptions.
- I pack a travel candle or electric aromatherapy diffuser to remove odor in my hotel or Airbnb, or to infuse my room with a delightful aroma.
Customize your travel comfort list to ensure it includes what you need to ease your travel stress.