Now is the perfect time to try something new and there plenty of at-home hobbies to choose from. No, this does not include new gaming apps or video games—but something that will provide more value than just passing the time.
- Take up gardening. Digging rows for a garden takes time, which we all have plenty of, or you can create an indoor potted or window garden. Grow from sprouts or seeds, order online or head to your local garden store—with your mask on.
- Take up a new art or craft. There are tons of arts and crafts you can try from home and you can order the supplies you need online. Consider knitting, paint by numbers, coloring, scrapbooking, or any craft you’ve been wanting to try.
- Flat or 3-D puzzles. If it’s been a while since you’ve put together a puzzle now is the perfect time to give it a go. Choose from easy to complex, flat or 3-D models that you can display once complete. If not puzzles, advanced Lego kits are a fun family opportunity.
- Learn a new board game. Even if your family plays board games often, order a few you’ve never heard of. The challenge of learning a new strategy will be fun and you’ll have a new game to keep in the mix.
- Learn a musical instrument. If you have an instrument lying around that you never learned to play, now is the time. You can also order instruments online. Then, head online to YouTube for free lessons or hire an instructor for virtual lessons.
Your new hobby will help to pass the time, alleviate stress, and it is an excellent creative outlet. And you might find something new that you really enjoy!