We all have areas of our life that we would like to improve or completely transform, and there is no time like the present. Here are some tips if you are ready to reinvent yourself.
Identify Your Why
Begin by determining not just what area of your life you want to transform but why you want to transform. The reason for this is to ensure that your why is for you, not anyone else. If your why has to do with fulfilling someone else’s dream for you it’s time to identify what you want to achieve. If you aren’t sure what you want to transform yet, determining your why will help you identify a specific goal.
Create A Plan
If your goal is to make a few healthy lifestyle changes you need to set clear, specific, and measurable goals. For example:
- Schedule a session with a nutritionist
- Take a healthy cooking class
- Do yoga twice a week, hike once a week, and go to the gym twice a week
- Limit processed foods and desserts to two treats per week
- No more drinking your calories, unless it’s one of your weekly treats
- Create 3 hours of “me time per” week to focus on mental, emotional, and spiritual health
- Set a sleep schedule to ensure seven hours of quality sleep per night
- No more committing to things you don’t want to do or spending time with people who drain you
Your goal may not be related to health or wellness but these bullet points will serve as inspiration for creating a system of self-accountability.