Coconut Oil For Skin Care And Beauty
It might be a kitchen staple but there are a variety of ways that you can use coconut oil for skincare and beauty. I only use unrefined and organic oil and transfer it in a small squeeze tube that I keep in the bathroom. If it solidifies, I soak it in a bit of warm water.
- I warm it for 10 seconds in the microwave and use it as a hot oil treatment before I shampoo. Be sure to put a shower cap on to minimize the mess.
- After my evening shower, I use coconut oil as my PM deodorant to give my skin a break from toxic antiperspirants.
- Add a few drops to your daily body lotion to soften skin, heal scarring, and enjoy the antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Use to oil cleanse your face, double cleanse, or apply to a cotton round to remove stubborn eye makeup and lipstick.
- Apply to your cuticles as a natural cuticle oil. Layer a light coat over the entire nail to nourish and moisturize.
- Use as part of your curly hair routine to define curls, as part of the LOC method, or on any hair type to tame flyaways. A little bit goes a long way.
You’ll find a few other uses, but these are your top skincare and beauty options!