It usually starts out as something minor, occasional tension or sore muscles, but if you don’t adjust your routine acute pain can turn into chronic pain. Much of your daily pain is preventable and can be minimized or reversed with the tips below.
Identify The Source Of Your Pain
Some of the most common sources of preventable pain include:
- Standing 6 or more hours a day
- Sitting 6 or more hours a day
- Electronics use—typing, texting, video games
- Any type of repetitive motion you perform daily
At-Home Pain Relief Solutions
There are a variety of things you can implement at home, but don’t forgo working with a healthcare practitioner such as a chiropractor, physical therapist, massage therapist, or physiotherapist to create a personalized treatment plan.
- Pop on YouTube for counter-stretches and exercises
- Ask your massage therapist for self-massage techniques
- Minimize the refined sugars in your diet to minimize inflammation
- Use heat for chronic pain and ice for acute pain and intense flareups
- Heat treatments can include heating pads, steam, and Epsom salt baths
- Discuss anti-inflammatories with your healthcare practitioner
- Exercise at least 5 days a week for strength, flexibility, and circulation
- If applicable, rest and support your body with braces, supportive shoes, and office ergonomics
Here’s to keeping pain to a minimum!