We can breathe in, absorb, and digest heavy metals in a variety of ways. Too much mercury, iron, zinc, lead, copper, and other metals in our system can lead to severe health complications. Here are natural ways to eliminate heavy metals from our body, but if you think you have heavy metal poisoning—see your physician ASAP.
Signs Of Heavy Metal Poisoning
Mercury poisoning is the most common, often from pescatarian diets or eating more than 3 servings of seafood per week. Symptoms often include:
- Muscle weakness
- Skin rashes
- Mood swings
- Memory loss
- Difficulty seeing, hearing, or speaking
- Difficulty walking or writing
- Numbness in the hands, feet, or mouth
Foods And Natural Ways To Minimize Heavy Metals
Take a proactive approach to heavy metals by incorporating more of these detoxifying foods and natural methods into your routine.
- Do an ionic foot bath
- Take bentonite clay once or twice a week or as part of a cleanse
- Take probiotic supplements or eat more probiotic foods
- Drink water with lemon or lime
- Drink chlorella or take chlorella supplements
- Drink barley grass
- Drink green tea
- Atlantic dulse
Even pescatarians should try to limit seafood to no more than 3 meals per week.