Cleansing detoxes are common after spending a couple of months indulging after the upcoming holidays, or to kickstart a diet. There are other reasons to cleanse, but whatever your reason may be—detoxing doesn’t need to be extreme.
Our Body Naturally Detoxes Itself
We must not forget that our body naturally detoxes, primarily through our urine, stool, sweat, kidney, and liver. That being said, we must support our body in this detox process. Many of the health tips we all know, but may not follow as directed, aide in detox. For example, drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day helps us flush away toxins, and working out releases toxins from our organs and muscles.
How You Can Aid Your Body In Detoxing
Instead of doing an extreme cleanse, work more of the tips below into your daily and weekly routine:
- Drink no less than 64 ounces of water per day
- Keep alcohol to a minimum
- Workout 4 to 5 days per week
- Take an Epsom salt bath
- Head to a sauna or steam room
- Drink water with lemon or lime
- Drink parsley water
- Eat at least 5 servings each of fruit and vegetable a day
- Drink more chlorella
- Do a foot bath detox
- Take activated charcoal or bentonite clay as directed
You could also go vegan (but low sugar) for a week or two to cleanse and detox your body.